American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Martha II (Ship) 1852, May - 1855, Nov. Sailing from Fairhaven, MA to Indian. Sent home 1607 Sperm, 0 Whale, 0 Bone
- Works Progress Administration. Whaling Masters: Voyages 1731-1925. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, 1938. Annotated copy located at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Hegarty, Reginald B. Addendum to "Starbuck" and "Whaling Masters": New Bedford Customs District. New Bedford, MA: New Bedford Free Public Library, 1964.
- Starbuck, Alexander. History of the American Whale Fishery from its Earliest Inception to the Year 1876. 1876. Reprinted Secaucus, NJ: Castle Books, 1989.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- Miscellaneous newspaper clippings, mostly undated and sources unidentified. Archival boxes 59B and 60B. Gale Huntington Research Library, Martha's Vineyard Historical Society, Edgartown, MA.
- Ludlow, Elias. Journal of a voyage on an unidentified whaler, 1806-1807. Society for the Preservation of Long Island Antiquities, Sag Harbor, NY.