American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Martha II (Bark) 1844, Aug - 1847, Nov. Sailing from Fairhaven, MA to Indian. Sent home 1100 Sperm, 800 Whale, 7000 Bone
- Works Progress Administration. Whaling Masters: Voyages 1731-1925. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, 1938. Annotated copy located at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Starbuck, Alexander. History of the American Whale Fishery from its Earliest Inception to the Year 1876. 1876. Reprinted Secaucus, NJ: Castle Books, 1989.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- Wood, Dennis. "Abstracts of Whaling Voyages, 1831-1873." Microfilm copy from the original manuscript held by the New Bedford Free Public Library, New Bedford, MA, 1981.
- Miscellaneous newspaper clippings, mostly undated and sources unidentified. Archival boxes 59B and 60B. Gale Huntington Research Library, Martha's Vineyard Historical Society, Edgartown, MA.
- "In the Arctic." New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, Arctic Scrapbook 2, unidentified newspaper article, hand dated 4/23/91.
- Sherman, Stuart C. Correspondence with Odaline Burr Simons Daniels. Logbook correspondence file, Nicholson Collection, Providence Public Library, Providence, RI.
- Ludlow, Elias. Journal of a voyage on an unidentified whaler, 1806-1807. Society for the Preservation of Long Island Antiquities, Sag Harbor, NY.