American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Martha II (Bark) 1840, Aug - 1844, Mar. Sailing from Fairhaven, MA to Pacific. Sent home 1050 Sperm, 1250 Whale, 12000 Bone
- Works Progress Administration. Whaling Masters: Voyages 1731-1925. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, 1938. Annotated copy located at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Hegarty, Reginald B. Addendum to "Starbuck" and "Whaling Masters": New Bedford Customs District. New Bedford, MA: New Bedford Free Public Library, 1964.
- Starbuck, Alexander. History of the American Whale Fishery from its Earliest Inception to the Year 1876. 1876. Reprinted Secaucus, NJ: Castle Books, 1989.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- Wood, Dennis. "Abstracts of Whaling Voyages, 1831-1873." Microfilm copy from the original manuscript held by the New Bedford Free Public Library, New Bedford, MA, 1981.
- "In the Arctic." New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, Arctic Scrapbook 2, unidentified newspaper article, hand dated 4/23/91.
- Ludlow, Elias. Journal of a voyage on an unidentified whaler, 1806-1807. Society for the Preservation of Long Island Antiquities, Sag Harbor, NY.