American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Ganges (Ship) 1825, Jun - 1827, Nov. Sailing from Nantucket, MA to Pacific. Sent home 1665 Sperm, 0 Whale, 0 Bone
- Works Progress Administration. Whaling Masters: Voyages 1731-1925. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, 1938. Annotated copy located at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Starbuck, Alexander. History of the American Whale Fishery from its Earliest Inception to the Year 1876. 1876. Reprinted Secaucus, NJ: Castle Books, 1989.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- Auction Catalog. New York: Sotheby Parke Bernet Inc., The Barbara Johnson Whaling Collection: Part IV, December 16 and 17, 1983.
- Mitchell, Frederick. Personal communication: privately owned logbooks and journals appraised by him.
- Downey, Judith M. Librarian, New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA. Personal communication.