American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Franklin (Schr) 1880, Jun - 1881, Aug. Sailing from New Bedford, MA to Atlantic. Sent home 30 Sperm, 4 Whale, 0 Bone
- Works Progress Administration. Whaling Masters: Voyages 1731-1925. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, 1938. Annotated copy located at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Sherman, Stuart C., comp. Judith M. Downey and Virginia Adams, eds. with Howard Pasternak. Whaling Logbooks and Journals, 1613-1927: An Inventory of Manuscript Records in Public Collections. Garland Reference Library of the Humanities, vol. 682. New York and London: Garland Publishing, Inc., 1986.
- Returns of Whaling Vessels Sailing from American Ports: A Continuation of Alexander Starbuck's "History of the American Whale Fishery" 1876-1928. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, and Whaling Museum, 1959.
- "In the Arctic." New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, Arctic Scrapbook 2, unidentified newspaper article, hand dated 4/23/91.
- Crew Lists of Whaleships. Ships A-Z, 1844-1890, Miscellaneous lists. National Archives and Records Administration, Washington, D. C. New Bedford Free Public Library microfilm reel 169.
- Ludlow, Elias. Journal of a voyage on an unidentified whaler, 1806-1807. Society for the Preservation of Long Island Antiquities, Sag Harbor, NY.
- New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, Massachusetts