American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Francis (Ship) 1831, Jul - 1832, Feb. Sailing from New London, CT to Brazil. Sent home 0 Sperm, 0 Whale, 0 Bone
- Works Progress Administration. Whaling Masters: Voyages 1731-1925. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, 1938. Annotated copy located at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Colby, Barnard L. For Oil and Buggy Whips. Mystic, CT: Mystic Seaport Museum, Inc., 1990.
- List of Ships at Lahaina, Maui, from Aug. 19 to Dec. 3, 1836. Lahainaluna, Maui: Press of the High School, n.d.
- Tilton, James A. Logbook of a voyage on the Schooner A. M. Nicholson, 1920-1920. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Annual Report, 2000. New Bedford, MA: New Bedford Whaling Museum, 2001.