American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Emily Morgan (Ship) 1846, Sep - 1849, Jul. Sailing from New Bedford, MA to Pacific. Sent home 403 Sperm, 2230 Whale, 19900 Bone
- Works Progress Administration. Whaling Masters: Voyages 1731-1925. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, 1938. Annotated copy located at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Hegarty, Reginald B. Addendum to "Starbuck" and "Whaling Masters": New Bedford Customs District. New Bedford, MA: New Bedford Free Public Library, 1964.
- Starbuck, Alexander. History of the American Whale Fishery from its Earliest Inception to the Year 1876. 1876. Reprinted Secaucus, NJ: Castle Books, 1989.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- Wood, Dennis. "Abstracts of Whaling Voyages, 1831-1873." Microfilm copy from the original manuscript held by the New Bedford Free Public Library, New Bedford, MA, 1981.
- Miscellaneous newspaper clippings, mostly undated and sources unidentified. Archival boxes 59B and 60B. Gale Huntington Research Library, Martha's Vineyard Historical Society, Edgartown, MA.
- "Whaling Captains from Nantucket." Edouard A. Stackpole Research Center, Nantucket Historical Association, Nantucket, MA Collection 335, folder 976. Manuscript book.
- Ludlow, Elias. Journal of a voyage on an unidentified whaler, 1806-1807. Society for the Preservation of Long Island Antiquities, Sag Harbor, NY.