American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Alcyone (Schr) 1868, Oct - 1871, Jun. Sailing from Provincetown, MA to Indian. Sent home 473 Sperm, 0 Whale, 0 Bone
- Works Progress Administration. Whaling Masters: Voyages 1731-1925. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, 1938. Annotated copy located at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Starbuck, Alexander. History of the American Whale Fishery from its Earliest Inception to the Year 1876. 1876. Reprinted Secaucus, NJ: Castle Books, 1989.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- "Recollections of By-Gone Days." Sag Harbor [NY] Express, hand dated April 24, 1884.
- Bureau of Marine Inspection and Navigation. Greenport, NY, Register of Bonds and Oaths, 1855-April 8, 1875. RG 41. National Archives and Records Administration, Washington, DC.
- Library Collection Card File. Newport Historical Society, Newport, RI.
- "Marine Reports." Newport [RI] Mercury, November 1, 1817.