American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Corinthian (Ship) 1847, Sep - 1849, Jun. Sailing from New London, CT to Desolation Island. Sent home 0 Sperm, 3700 Whale, 0 Bone
- Works Progress Administration. Whaling Masters: Voyages 1731-1925. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, 1938. Annotated copy located at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Starbuck, Alexander. History of the American Whale Fishery from its Earliest Inception to the Year 1876. 1876. Reprinted Secaucus, NJ: Castle Books, 1989.
- Wood, Dennis. "Abstracts of Whaling Voyages, 1831-1873." Microfilm copy from the original manuscript held by the New Bedford Free Public Library, New Bedford, MA, 1981.
- Colby, Barnard L. For Oil and Buggy Whips. Mystic, CT: Mystic Seaport Museum, Inc., 1990.
- Barthelmess, Klaus. "Additions to Sherman." 1994. Kendall Collection, New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.Typewritten list.
- Furtado, Tina. Special Collections Librarian, New Bedford Free Public Library, New Bedford, MA. Personal communication.
- Annual Report, 2000. New Bedford, MA: New Bedford Whaling Museum, 2001.