American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Corinthian (Ship) 1837, Jan - 1839, Mar. Sailing from Bristol, RI to Pacific. Sent home 300 Sperm, 3000 Whale, 0 Bone
- Works Progress Administration. Whaling Masters: Voyages 1731-1925. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, 1938. Annotated copy located at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Starbuck, Alexander. History of the American Whale Fishery from its Earliest Inception to the Year 1876. 1876. Reprinted Secaucus, NJ: Castle Books, 1989.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- Wood, Dennis. "Abstracts of Whaling Voyages, 1831-1873." Microfilm copy from the original manuscript held by the New Bedford Free Public Library, New Bedford, MA, 1981.
- "Fall River in the Whale Fishery." "Falmouth in the Whale Fishery." "Providence in the Whale Fishery of the Past." "Somerset in the Whale Fishery." "Record of Newport Whaling Ships." "Bristol in the Whale Fishery." New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, Scrapbook 17. Undated clippings from unidentified newspapers.
- Works Progress Administration. Ship Registers and Enrollments, Ship Licenses issued to vessels under 20 tons, Ship Licenses on enrollments issued out of the Port of Bristol-Warren, RI 1773-1939. Providence, RI: National Archives Project, 1941.
- Ships' Papers. Ship Europa. Nicholson Collection, Providence Public Library, Providence, RI.