American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Charles W. Morse (Schr) 1879, Oct - 1881, Aug. Sailing from New Bedford, MA to Atlantic. Sent home 500 Sperm, 345 Whale, 3100 Bone
- Works Progress Administration. Whaling Masters: Voyages 1731-1925. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, 1938. Annotated copy located at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- Returns of Whaling Vessels Sailing from American Ports: A Continuation of Alexander Starbuck's "History of the American Whale Fishery" 1876-1928. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, and Whaling Museum, 1959.
- Crew Lists of Whaleships. Ships A-Z, 1844-1890, Miscellaneous lists. National Archives and Records Administration, Washington, D. C. New Bedford Free Public Library microfilm reel 169.
- Ludlow, Elias. Journal of a voyage on an unidentified whaler, 1806-1807. Society for the Preservation of Long Island Antiquities, Sag Harbor, NY.