American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Charles Carroll (Ship) 1854, Nov - 1858, Jun. Sailing from New London, CT to North Pacific. Sent home 9 Sperm, 2558 Whale, 0 Bone
- Works Progress Administration. Whaling Masters: Voyages 1731-1925. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, 1938. Annotated copy located at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Starbuck, Alexander. History of the American Whale Fishery from its Earliest Inception to the Year 1876. 1876. Reprinted Secaucus, NJ: Castle Books, 1989.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- Wood, Dennis. "Abstracts of Whaling Voyages, 1831-1873." Microfilm copy from the original manuscript held by the New Bedford Free Public Library, New Bedford, MA, 1981.
- Auction Catalog. East Dennis, MA: Robert C. Eldred & Co., Inc., November 20 and 21, 1998.
- Logs/Journals in the Long Island Collection, East Hampton Library, East Hampton, NY.