American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Union (Ship) 1825, - 1826, May. Sailing from Sag Harbor, NY to Brazil. Sent home 0 Sperm, 600 Whale, 0 Bone
- Works Progress Administration. Whaling Masters: Voyages 1731-1925. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, 1938. Annotated copy located at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Starbuck, Alexander. History of the American Whale Fishery from its Earliest Inception to the Year 1876. 1876. Reprinted Secaucus, NJ: Castle Books, 1989.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- Adams, James Truslow. History of the Town of Southampton (East End of Canoe Place). Bridgehampton, NY: Hampton Press, 1918.
- West, Ellsworth Luce as told to Eleanor Ransom Mayhew. Captain's Papers: A Log of Whaling and Other Sea Experiences. Barre, MA: Barre Publishers, 1965.
- Hain, James. "Woods Hole Whaling." Woods Hole Reflections, M. L. Smith, ed. Woods Hole Historical Collection, 1983.
- Ripley, Edward S. Contract with Samuel Osborn & Sons, January 24, 1883. Nicholson Collection, Providence Public Library, Providence, RI. Manuscript.