American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Superior (Ship) 1838, Oct - 1840, Jul. Sailing from New London, CT to South Atlantic. Sent home 120 Sperm, 2880 Whale, 0 Bone
- Starbuck, Alexander. History of the American Whale Fishery from its Earliest Inception to the Year 1876. 1876. Reprinted Secaucus, NJ: Castle Books, 1989.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- Sherman, Stuart C., comp. Judith M. Downey and Virginia Adams, eds. with Howard Pasternak. Whaling Logbooks and Journals, 1613-1927: An Inventory of Manuscript Records in Public Collections. Garland Reference Library of the Humanities, vol. 682. New York and London: Garland Publishing, Inc., 1986.
- Wood, Dennis. "Abstracts of Whaling Voyages, 1831-1873." Microfilm copy from the original manuscript held by the New Bedford Free Public Library, New Bedford, MA, 1981.
- Colby, Barnard L. For Oil and Buggy Whips. Mystic, CT: Mystic Seaport Museum, Inc., 1990.
- Barthelmess, Klaus. "Additions to Sherman." 1994. Kendall Collection, New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.Typewritten list.
- Yale University Library, New Haven, Connecticut