American Offshore Whaling Voyages: A Database
Source(s) for Voyage of Quickstep (Schr) 1871, Apr - 1872, Sep. Sailing from Provincetown, MA to Atlantic. Sent home 301 Sperm, 6 Whale, 0 Bone
- Works Progress Administration. Whaling Masters: Voyages 1731-1925. New Bedford, MA: Old Dartmouth Historical Society, 1938. Annotated copy located at the New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA.
- Starbuck, Alexander. History of the American Whale Fishery from its Earliest Inception to the Year 1876. 1876. Reprinted Secaucus, NJ: Castle Books, 1989.
- Batchelder, Charles F. Whaleship Index. New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, MA, 1960. Card file.
- Cabral, Reginald W. and James Theriault. Wooden Ships and Iron Men. Provincetown, MA: Trustees of The Heritage Museum, 1994.
- Wiggin, Merlon E. "Maritime History of the North Fork of Eastern Long Island, NY." The Peconic Bay [NY] Shopper, November 1998.
- "Marine Reports." Newport [RI] Mercury, November 1, 1817.
- Kendall Collection, New Bedford Whaling Museum Research Library, New Bedford, Massachusetts